Today will be the second "official" run in my training. I intended to get it out of the way this morning before my tennis date, however, that didn't happen. Since it's a tempo run today I am planing on doing it on the TM. I made the mistake of sitting on the couch after my tennis this morning - I haven't moved and I attacked the jar of honey peanut butter. Arg. It will get done at some point today, that I know for sure.
Tomorrow is the first long run. I'm a little nervous about it since it's a 10-miler. I'll be doing it with my running partner (RP) who I'm running the marathon with. That'll be good. Our long run strategy is a warm-up, run at a 9:33 pace (it'll probably end up being faster), and we're going to incorporate a 9 minute run, 1 minute walk strategy. It'll be good to take the mental break.
We already have our post-run treat planned - Chocolate Soy Banana Smoothies!
Wish us luck!
1 comment:
good luck with your training!
check out my blog at
rightbrainrunner
Post a Comment