I love that our anniversary is so close to the 4th of July! We always have a reason to extend the celebration. So, this post isn't really running related, just sort of an update of what we did that weekend.
I have such a love-hate relationship with the 4th of July. Love it, because it's the day after our anniversary so we always have something fun planned to do. Hate it, because it's the anniversary of the day my dad passed away. Every year I think it'll be better but my emotions are always so conflicted. I know I've never fully grieved, analyzed my feelings, etc. after he passed away. I know I still have issues. I just don't know that they'll ever be fully resolved. So, it's hard for me to enjoy myself on this holiday/anniversary because for some reason I feel like I should still be sad. I don't know...it's hard to explain.
So anyway...we took a nice hike on the 4th on a local trail. We haven't done this one before but now that I know it's there I'll be sure to go back. It was absolutely gorgeous! The wild flowers were in full bloom. I'll never get tired of seeing Columbine! After our 9 mile hike we came home and grilled out. Very quiet, but lovely 4th.
We spent the rest of the weekend in Denver, downtown. We went to a Rockies game on Saturday night - they won. We had pretty awesome seats in left field. We also went to the Sunday afternoon game...seats weren't as good and they lost.
Before the game on Sunday I took a run. I wanted to sort of scope out part of the route for the marathon in October. I'm not really that familiar with Denver so my goal was to sort of put the pieces together. I've been to City Park before, and I've been downtown before but I have no idea where they are in relation to each other. I finally figured it out. It was exactly two miles to City Park from our hotel. When I got there I walked around a bit, then headed back to the hotel. Very nice run.
No comments:
Post a Comment