Monday, June 30, 2008

And...She's Off!

Yesterday was my first "official" day of training for my first marathon! I have been waiting for this day for what seems like forever!! After dealing with the injuries and taking some recovery time off, I am ready to get started!

Yesterday was a scheduled cross training day so it was a rather anti-climactic way to get started. Nonetheless, my cross-training option was a hike with a little bit of jogging (on the way down) thrown in for good measure. We had friends from Jackson Hole visiting for the weekend. The boys headed up to the Flat Tops for a ride, and the girls headed to GWS for a hike. Overall it was a good hike. The heat was pretty intense, as we didn't get started until noon. Poor Roan about died on the trail! I had to get her to the river for a dip post-hike. We turned out 5.5 miles in a couple hours. Nice day.

Today's training plan calls for my first "run". I had intended to do it this morning, however, since we're down to one vehicle today that plan was nixed. We'll be going to Grand Junction this evening to pick up the new car. That means I'll have my morning run times free instead of playing chauffeur. I intend on doing my 6.2 mile run this evening, after it cools off. I'm not sure where I'll head for the run...I'm thinking I'd like to run up the CR, but there's not a lot of shoulder room on those roads and I'm worried about a car not seeing me at dusk. I may stick to the roads in town. We'll see.

Tomorrow is a "rest day", but I don't "rest" really well. I have a tennis date set for 7:00 am and I'll be hitting the river (for the first time this season!) tomorrow afternoon with some friends. I LOVE Summer!!!

1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

I like your new blog. Keep up the great work w/ marathon training!

Rebecca
(LA Runner)