Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 3: Under the Belt

7/13: 5 miles - easy pace
7/14: 4.5 miles - easy pace, core workout, and rafting
7/15: rest day
7/16: 5.5 miles - tempo run (3.75 m @ 8:00)
7/17: 14.25 miles
7/18: 2.25 easy miles and upper and lower body lifting
7/19: yoga class, core workout and rafting

This week went pretty smoothly. The only major glitch was the long run which I wrote all about in my last post. I'm already thinking about adjustments to make during my next long run.

I'm really looking forward to Week 4. It's a recovery week, so there will be a major cut back in mileage. My long run will only be 6 miles - woo hoo!

The cutback coincides nicely with a visit from my mom. She'll be arriving on Friday. It'll be good to focus on her visit rather than be worried about when I'll be able to get all of my running in. The week after this, however, is a different story. We're heading to Minnesota for vacation with my hubby's family. I'm really looking forward to it, but it'll be tough to train and do the family thing at the same time. I'm going to really have to get my booty out of bed early so I can get my runs done and over with and not cut in to family time.

In unrelated running news...we've been spending a lot of time on the boat the past couple of weeks. The fishing is really heating up, which is exciting. Here's a picture of yesterday's best fish...















And one more for shits and giggles...poor Roan was so tired after a day on the river.

1 comment:

TiredMamaRunning said...

Have a great trip to Minnesota!

We'll have to try to meet up to run the Lunch Loop sometime when you're down here in GJ one of these days!

-Karah (Kazz from RWOL....saw your blog link on the marathon first-timers thread)