this blogging thing that is.
Maybe I'll keep up at it this time. Maybe I won't.
So, since I last posted in July life has kept on moving.
M is growing, work keeps me insanely busy, and not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for the life I get to live.
I went through a rough period in early Fall right at the beginning of the school year. M was holding on to my fingers trying to stand up. I leaned over at a weird angle and ended up throwing out my back. Again.
So after sitting out Lead King Loop 25K this year I started running again. It took a while to get my mojo back. I also had a lot of thinking time to try and figure out how to keep running without the stupid nagging injuries rearing their ugly heads. My chiropractor suggested a more regular and preventative massage and adjustment schedule. He also suggested I consider switching shoes and use an A-Line insert, rather than rely solely on a stability shoe. Apparently the 'stability' shoe has been over correcting me for years. So, after visiting my LRS I settled on the Brooks Pure Cadence. While visiting with Brion at Independence Run and Hike he suggested I also try to run at a faster cadence to stay further up on my foot.
With all of these factors at work I think my running is getting better. It feels a lot easier to keep those pace runs where they should be now and I haven't been injured since September.
Unfortunately the lack of daylight and abundance of ice and cold has kept me on the treadmill for the majority of my running this Winter but I'm okay with it. It's better than not running at all.
Currently, I'm in the midst of training for the Colfax Marathon. I think I signed up for it in November and since then it's been full steam ahead. Training is going well although I had to change up my schedule a bit after this past week. I started the Spring season of Girls on the Run and it just took a little bit more of my 'plate' than I thought it would. I'm cutting back my weekly mileage a little bit and realigning my easy days with my practice days so I can do double duty. I'm still happy with the 'new' plan.
I'm also working on a little project for next Fall but it's still in its infant stages and I'm not ready to share yet but I'm super excited about the possibilities!
Definitely planning on a couple of other races next Fall that will keep me busy through the Summer. I'll be running the Lead King Loop 25K and the Denver Marathon.
No comments:
Post a Comment