Tuesday, July 3, 2012

With all of this fun, who has time for running?!

Hmmm.  I had the grand idea that I was going to aim for my first post-preggo marathon this fall.  That means I need to start training in mid-July.  That means I should be building my base mileage.  That's not happening.

The first reason this isn't happening is because I've had this niggling pain in the second toe of my right foot.  Seriously.  Why does something so little hurt so bad?  I thought I might have broke it.  It was a little swollen but not bruised.  This leads me to believe it might be some type of ligament pain from a pair of flip flops I had been wearing a lot.  So I gave the toe some rest and switched out the shoes.  It's better but not 100%.

The second reason my running has been placed on the back burner is because we've been traveling a lot.  We spent two days in the car driving to Minnesota to visit Bret's family.  M finally got to meet her great-grandma, her great-aunt and uncle, and her cousins.  We also celebrated grandma's 90th birthday while we were there.  It was a good time for sure!  Lots of fishing, playing in the lake, biking, and a little bit of running.  We then spent another two days in the car on the ride back to Colorado.

So now we're gearing up for another trip - just me and M this time.  I'm hoping to keep up with some type of mileage while we're gone.  Also planning on doing a 5K in Ohio while we visit Nana.  I hope the weather decides to cooperate while we're in the Midwest but I think I need to lose the 'rose colored glasses'!  My goal for the next two weeks is to hit between 25-30.  Here's hoping!


No comments: