Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010: Year in Review

My running goals for 2010 were to streak - run at least one mile every day for the whole year, and run a 1:45:xx 1/2 marathon. Happy to say - mission accomplished!

I was able to run a total of 1203.28 miles for the year. Not quite the mileage I had last year (over 1400) but I also didn't train for any marathons. Last year I trained for two.

In June I had an unplanned trip to Ohio. While I was home there happened to be a 1/2 marathon that was a combination of trail and road. I thought I'd give it a shot even though I hadn't been training for a 1/2 marathon at all! Low and behold I was able to run it in 1:45:48. I know that altitude (or lack thereof) worked in my favor! Nonetheless - it's still a PR!

I also completed in my first triathlon. I think there'll be another tri in my future too!

At other race distances I came close to my PRs and ran some odd distance races which created automatic PRs as well. My favorite race this year was the Mackinac Island 8 Mile Run. I scanned the previous year's results and set my sights on placing high enough in my age group to receive an award. Good training resulted in a good race!

I'm also happy to say that I ran the whole year injury free! Woo hoo!

Looking ahead...I only have one race scheduled for 2011 so far. In 15 days I'll be running the P.F. Chang's Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix. After that I plan on building my base to prepare for a marathon in June. Not sure which marathon that will be - I have three on my radar right now!

My only goal for 2011 is to run a sub-4 marathon.

For now I'm continuing the streak - until I feel like I need a rest day or until I decide to get my next tattoo. I'm planning for one on my foot - which will require several rest days. We'll see what happens, but the streak is NOT a goal for 2011.

Although those plans could all change too! We'll see!

Happy Running in 2011!

2 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Hope you get all you wish for this year! Happy New Year!

Tricia Lee said...

I'm commenting in response to your comment on my blog about sleep training. I don't know if Tracy Hogg is the same author as 12 weeks to 12 hours of sleep. Erin's naps are currently scheduled at 8:30-10:30am, 12:30-2pm and 4-5pm. However, Monday since she is nearing four months, I'm going to try to start shifting her schedule a little bit since she can start handling being awake a little longer and thus sleeping less. If it works out, her naps will be 8:45-10:45am, 12:30-2pm and 3:45-4:30. Sleep training ended up working really well and she is a very well rested happy girl. She no longer fusses or cries when I put her down for a nap and has mastered her thumb sucking skill.