Saturday, April 10, 2010

32 Reasons to Celebrate!!!

The calendar tells me that I am now another year older. Older, schm-older, I say! I had a great year being 32 and I'm looking forward to an even better year as I am 33.

1. Running the Little Grand Canyon Marathon and running past petroglyphs!
2. Being able to teach Kindergarten! Why didn't anyone tell me how much fun this was?!
3. Spending Thanksgiving with my mom.
4. Seeing the Cubs play at Wrigley Field!
5. Taking Roan for a walk on the extremely convenient trails in our neighborhood.
6. Traveling to Austin TX for the GOTR Summit - how lucky am I?!
7. Running The Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon and hearing the drums resonate through the canyon!
8. Surviving and returning from my first trip to Las Vegas.
9. Encouraging Bret to run his first 1/2 marathon on Colfax!
10. Snowshoeing in the beautiful Colorado powder!
11. Running the Las Vegas Marathon - 4:04:44
12. Enjoying the fruits (and veggies) of our labor from the garden.
13. Running with great friends.
14. Having an amazing class that is full of energy!
15. Celebrating my mom's 65 birthday with her in Ohio!
16. Racing in my first MTBike Race - I came in last place, but at least I finished!
17. Visiting the farmer's market in the summer for amazing fresh food!
18. Working with great people at my school.
19. Having my BFF from grade school come to visit me in CO!
20. Seeing friends from college.
21. Running Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon - 1:54:30
22. Catching fish on the CO River with Bret!
23. Rafting the CO on every rainy day this summer. :)
24. Vacationing in Puerto Vallarta.
25. Hiking in Crested Butte and camping under the stars.
26. Snowshoeing to the top of A-Basin with Bret!
27. Being the Rifle Rec. League Volleyball Champs!
28. Running The Other Half on a beautiful day in Moab.
29. Buying a treadmill!
30. Continuing my work with GOTR of Western Colorado - I am truly blessed!
31. Making it almost all the way to the top of Electric Pass.
32. Dipping my toes in to the freezing water of Cathedral Lake after a long hike.

1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

Wow, you DID have a good year! I hope this year brings you equally good blessings, if not more. Happy Birthday!