Racing season is in full swing but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of it since my marathon was so early in the "fall" and I'm focusing on another marathon in early December. I have to constantly remind myself that the local 5K's every weekend are not my focus. Frustrating. I have been planning on running The Other Half in Moab for about the past year and that's what's on the radar this weekend! I'm so excited to do this race, a little apprehensive, but excited!
A whole bunch of gals who I work with and have kids at my school are all doing this race. For many of them it will be their first 1/2 marathon and I cannot wait to share their experience with them! We'll be heading down to Moab on Saturday morning and the race is on Sunday morning (weird - this is the first Sunday race I've ever done in Utah!).
I'll be running the course with my good friend and training partner. We've decided our goal is 1:55:xx but since the course gets pretty hill between miles 7-11 it'll be an experiment. We've talked about our pacing plan and realized that we'll probably run positive splits because of the hills. Not crazy about that idea but we'll see how it works out!!
4 comments:
Yeah! I think it's awesome to see someone complete a distance for the first time! You are such a great running leader! I'm sure your training and racing insprires them. Good luck!
I just love the sense of community that running fosters! It's been a true experience of 'you reap what you sow' for me!
WAHHHOOOOEEEE! We're going to have a great weekend. See you some time tomorrow afternoon!
It's the same way with my SoleMates teammates...I was the newbie two years ago, and this year we have a bunch of girls running 13.1 for the first time. It's exciting to get to follow their progress and finally arrive at race day.
So where is the race report? How did it go? That is odd to have a Sunday race in Utah. As a Mormon runner that tries to avoid Sunday running, I am often frustrated with how many of the longer races are run on Sundays in the Southeast. Where probably 80% of the 5k's and 10k's are run on Saturday, that ratio seems to flop to Sunday for the Half Marys and up. I'm not surprised that any race is run on Sunday, but you would think Utah organizers would try to cater to their local population a bit more...? Oh well, I hope you had a great race. Once again, how did those hills go? Did you hit your 1:55:xx goal?
Post a Comment